Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chia Seeds - my new favorite find!



It was the first truly fall-ish feeling day and I felt completely invigorated. The sun was hot but the air was a bit chilly. Gorgeous! I decided to start off the morning with an intense cardio workout. I love these days. I managed to burn about 600 calories and left the gym feeling amazing!! The one thing I look forward to is a great post workout snack. I absolutely love making a pudding using Chia seeds! I recently discovered these and have been playing around with them. My favorite use so far is making a chocolate or peanut butter pudding with them. This morning was a peanut butter kind of day so I took about 2 big heaping table spoons of PB and filled a glass half full of water and let them gel up. Then I added in about 1 TBS of PB2 and a bit of stevia to sweeten. What a delicious snack. I cant wait to find more uses for these little seeds. They are amazing.

Doesnt look too pretty but tastes great and thats all that counts in my book this morning! Im interested in finding out about new ways to use these seeds. But for now, Im off to run some errands! Gotta love the weekends.


No comments:

Post a Comment