Saturday, October 3, 2009

Starting off the morning right!


Every single morning I start my day off with a huge bowl of steaming oatmeal. This morning though I decided to try something a bit new to me. Oat groats! Its a live food which Ive been trying to eat more of. Its super easy to prepare and tastes amazing! The night before I poured a bunch into a cereal bowl and added enough water to cover. Let this soak overnight and by morning your groats should be nice and soft. I threw this into the food processor, along with a banana and blended it up! The consistency was that more of steel cut oatmeal. Nice and chewy and amazingly filling. I ate mine at room temperature but throwing it in the microwave for a few seconds to heat it up would be good too. I topped it off with a splash of cinnamon and a few banana slices and I had one hearty breakfast. I have to say I might start making this alot more. If you havent tried it yet, I totally recommend it.

Now me being more of an oats in the morning person is completely opposite from my husband. Hes more of an eggs and bacon or pastry sort. He is not at all a veggie eater although recently has really been wanting to try and incoroprate this into his diet more. (Yey!!) So this morning I decided to surprise him by making a veggie omelet. I used tons of fresh spinach, onions and re bell pepper. Then on the side was some a home made potato hash. Fresh cut poptatoes sauteed in olive oil, garlic and some pepper. Then a nice piece of ezekiel toast on the side. I was a little unsure of how well this go over but to my surprise he loved it! Score! So as it turns out we both started off our day with an amazing healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment