Sunday, October 11, 2009

Going Bananas!

Lately Ive been really interested in incorporating more nuts into my diet. I love the larabars and thought it would be a great idea to try and make my own. I found a recipe online from OhSheGlows.com for banana larabars and gave them a shot. They turned out super tasty and oh so amazing. I so cant wait to experiment and try out tons of new flavors. So thanks for the recipe!!

They are incredibly simple and easy to make! I took one of my old brown bananas that I had lying around and sliced it very thin. They I stuck it in the oven for about 2 hours on low heat.


I so had to eat some banana slices when they came out of the oven. They were crispy and carmelized and heavenly. Next up was the dates. I rough chopped about 3 dates. That equaled to about .25 cups. Then threw those in with the banana chips into the food processor and grinded them for about a minute or two.

I set this mixture to the side and put about 1/3 cup of almonds in the processor and grinded those to a coarse meal. I mixed the wet and dry ingredients together and formed them into little ball shapes. I opted for this over the bars cause I was in the mood just to pick and I wasn't sure I could actually finish a whole bar.


The end result was a perfectly sweet banana almond treat. I'm in love with these! I'm thinking already of how to make tons of different flavors. They were simple fun and amazing. Thanks so much for the recipe Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment