Thursday, October 8, 2009

Playing in the Kitch!



Dinner tonight was A-mazing. THe pictures just completely doesnt do it justice. Im in the market for a new camera for sure. Suggestions anyone?? The simpliest foods taste the absolute best to me sometimes. Tonight was a super colorful plate of veggies. Kale (leftover from my kale and tahini from earlier) sweet potates, zuchini, onions and tomatoes. I made a quick dressing with some garlic, tahini and greek yogurt. So delish! I was a happy camper.

Just had to share but Im so super excited for this weekend. Its time for Festa!! Its my first ever metric bike ride. Its basically 62 miles through San Diego and the surrounding area. Honestly Im a little intimadated. Its my first ever long distance ride and I have no idea what to expect from it. But I think either way it wil be fun. Its just a ride, so no race and the course seems fairly easy (even though I do love a good challenge!) So overall I think its gonna be a blast. I cant wait to take tons of pictures too!!

I wanted to make something that I could bring along for the ride. While I workout I really dont like anything heavy in my stomache. Especially on a long ride...(gross!) but I thought making some healthy oatmeal bars would be a great pre or post workout snack. (or great for the car ride too!) I was also craving some oatey tonight so Im off to make bars. Its getting so much cooler now too so I decided to get with the season and make some maple and pumpkin bars. Yuuum! I love fall and all the great flavors. I ran out of spelt but I found some oat bran! Score! So I used majority oatmeal and a bit of oat bran for texture. I also added pumpkin, molasses, cinnamon, ginger and some apples. I baked them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (my apt. smells amazing right now!) Taste wise they need some work. The flavor overall is really great, just a bit bland. They need some ooooomp! But I love the texture. chewy on the outside and crunchy on the inside. Well back to try another batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment